Hello everyone! I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I finally, finally got the June albums in the mail. The bad news is that there is apparently a Canadian postal worker strike in effect right now (that began on June 3, so essentially it's been going on all month), so I was unable to mail the two albums that go to Chuck and Cynthia in Calgary. I could have mailed them for $40 each; sorry guys, apparently my fondness for Internet friends has a monetary ceiling. And I checked both USPS and UPS prices. Following the news, I see that an end to the strike appears imminent within the next several days.
I'm going to get with Paul about the situation, but the Canadians and everyone else, please feel free to offer advice. Basically I can wait until the end of the strike, or I can upload the album and let you guys download (or both). Suggestions about these or other options are appreciated!
Here is a preview of the packaging; I got really into the project. I'm sorry again that it is arriving so late in the month, but I hope you'll still have some time to enjoy it before July's CD arrives! I'll post the liner notes in a few days, too.

Can't wait to get the CD! I was going to suggest using a file-sharing service like Dropbox to make the MP3 files available for download. Perhaps not as satisfying as having a tangible product, but at least a temporary workaround. I can do this when I get my CD if you'd like.
ReplyDeleteChuck and Cynthia, I am going to re-attempt to mail your CDs on Tuesday, when the strike ends! Hang tight!
ReplyDeleteGot it a few days ago! Have been listening to it in the car, and enjoying it very much.
ReplyDelete