Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hi All. First, my sincerest apologies. Initially my September CD was going to be called, "Fall Back". Since I failed to get the CD out in September, I decided to call it, "September in October" but also realized that in my haste to get the CD out before a business trip, I forgot to change the title of the CD. My flakey-ness is inexcusable and I make no excuses. Just kindly accept my most sincerest apologies.


Fall in September:



Originally, I was going to call this CD collection, “Fall Back”-the turning of the leaves and time. However, since this was supposed to be a September CD and it’s getting out in October, I prefer the name, “September in October.” Apologies for this being so late. Somehow between travel and some new business and having a kid on the Cross Country Team, I fell back and didn’t turn the leaves of time but only allowed time to turn on me.


Havest Moon/Neil Young-While I don’t have the expanded musical taste of most in this club, I tend to fall back on tried and true tunes like this one. Neil Young is so talented. Love the sweetness in his voice, the intelligent lyrics, and the slow and easy pace of this song.


September/Earth Wind & Fire-This song is always reminiscent of the leaves turning to me. While we live in California, there is still a distant memory of the leaves turning and the weather suddenly going cooler in September.


I Fall Down/U2-U2 is one of my all-time favorite artists. This track is a little more along the lines of my original intent of the CD of “Fall Back.” It’s early U2, before they became one of the biggest bands on the planet and you may have forgotten about this one.


October/U2-Did I mention I like this band?


Weather with you/Crowded House-This one is for the creator of this club, Paul Mena. Crowded House is specifically for him and for all of us to enjoy alongside of him.


Bad Moon Risin/CCR-How can I go wrong with CCR? Whether you like indy rock or classic rock, it is my personal feeling that one can never go wrong with CCR. A Bad Moon risin’ seems like it’s only when the weather turns from fair to funky so I added this to the playlist.


Time Has Told Me/Nick Drake-This song always reminds me of when we start lighting the fireplace in the Fall. Drake’s early demise is my reward each and every time I want to relax, enjoy a cup of wine, and stare for hours at the fireplace. Hope you remember this talent that left us way too early.


California Dreamin’/The Mamas & The Papas-Living in CA, so many people reminisce about summer when the weather turns cold and dark in other parts of the country. This is my personal effort to bring some warmth to other parts of the country who may not have the sun during this time of year.


Turn!Turn!Turn!/The Byrds-”There is a season. Turn! Turn! Turn!”-What better lyrics to remind us that not only does music reflect life, but it also reflects a time and a place when it was written. I can’t help but think of The Byrds drinking hot apple cider as this piece was being worked on in the studio. Well, ok, maybe not. But it’s the mental image in my head.


November Rain/Guns ‘n Roses-I had long forgotten about this track but recently my husband introduced our son to some of the guys from Guns ‘n Roses and they have been on my mind of late. The Title fit the “Fall Back” theme and it also works with the new theme of September in October because it’ll soon be October in November if I don’t mail this sooner!


Autumn Almanac/The Kinx-This happy tune is primarily chosen for it’s title, beat, and happy go-lucky rhythm. What can I say? It is the “Autumn Almanac. Yes, yes, yes!”


No Fun/The Stooges-When the weather turns cold, dark, and the sun hides, I always think it’s “No Fun, walking here by myself” too. This song is about staying in and having no fun. Although we’re spoiled with sunny warm weather in California, fall and winter is our rainy season and “No Fun.”


Fall on Me/REM-While this song has absolutely nothing with the weather, the title does plus it’s a catchy tune! Enjoy.


Again, September in October almost became October in November. May your fall be sunny, bright, and filled with fun!


Ileana

2 comments:

  1. Cool theme and a nice, eclectic collection, Ileana. I'm sorta an alterna-geek but I have my classic rock standbys as well - I did come of age in the 70s, after all. And any collection with The Stooges is all right with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brett. Glad you enjoyed it. While I love listening to new music and eclectic stuff, I always tend to buy classic stuff. I guess it's the old-fashioned-gal that I really am deep down. Sadly, I'm pretty predictable. :)

    ReplyDelete