Sunday, February 12, 2012

Almost on its Way...

My February CD has been burned, the artwork printed out and dutifully inserted into jewel cases, and the final product packaged into mailers and labeled. Mary plans to bring them to the Post Office tomorrow, meaning that most of you will get them later this week. I’ll post the playlist and liner notes later today, but I wanted to quickly let everyone know that the project was a blast. My thanks to all for doing it again this year.

Paul

6 comments:

  1. CDs have been handed over to our not-so-friendly neighborhood postal worker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an interesting array of choices on this one, Paul, bravo! Something for everyone indeed. And you really put a lot into it, I can tell!

    Some bands I love and know well, others I now want to explore further.

    I really need to get into the Soft Boys after hearing them on two of your CDs. Some of the inspired covers will no doubt have traditionalists calling for the heads of the bands, but I thought Jambalaya by Dash Rip Rock and Stairway to Heaven by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes were tremendous fun.

    And of course ending the CD with one of Mission of Burma's most rousing songs was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The selections are from two distinct periods: I saw quite a few shows between roughly '78 and '82, right around the time that punk morphed into post-punk and power pop. Then I entered my first marriage and had kids right away, which - combined with a wife with no tolerance for "secular" music - initiated what I often refer to as my "Dark Ages". By '93 I was separated, and a year later I was living in Minnesota, where I caught quite a few shows at First Avenue in Minneapolis. I moved to Boston in '96 and met Mary a year after that, ushering in my "Renaissance".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can attest to the fact that you are indeed a Renaissance Man.
    Great CD too! I always feel like we don't get out to see enough live music, but looking at your CD it seems we opt for quality over quantity, which is as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No surprise we were nearly parallel in our musical journey - my punk heyday was '79-'83, then I veered away from most live shows for many years (though I did catch The Who in '89) for numerous reasons - career, marriage, parenthood, and my renaissance started in '96, when I was separated, and has continued ever since!

    ReplyDelete