Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Guidelines

These have been unabashedly copied and pasted from a previous CD club and are strictly suggestions. We can certainly add and subtract as we evolve:

  • I took a first pass on assigning months according to some early requests. Please feel free to work out any changes to the order among yourselves and I'll update the blog.
  • The name was something I came up with on the spur of the moment. I am open to other ideas, of course!
  • To be in the club, all you’ve got to do make one CD mix over the year when it’s your month and mail it out to the other eleven members. Four of us (Mary and I, and my brother Mike and his wife Ileana) are at two addresses, so most of you will only have to mail out nine CDs.
  • Try to make a cover for your CD. Do what you like with it. Be creative. Include song titles and artist names for every track, and provide track numbers.
  • Mark the CD itself with your name and your month, using a marker.
  • Mix up your mix CD. Think about the flow, the order it will be listened to. Do not copy a whole album, although you can use more than one song by an artist, if you like.
  • Mail your CD to the others in the group, postmarked by the 15th of your month. Of course, let us know if you’re running into any issues and we’ll work something out.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment